Riding the bike with a smile

 

New team, new threads, and...  



"I don't care what other people think. If you pay attention to everything people say about you, it can be very destructive. I don't worry about it. I don't think about it that much. It's true that in 2021 I only won once, but it was a special year, with the Covid pandemic, and I don't think we can draw any conclusions from that. I'm not afraid because since I first started racing, I've learned one thing: when you stay focused, success will come. Of course, you have to have the will to do it but I know I have that. If I don't win one day, I start all over again the next day. 

My goals this season are not only personal. I'm well aware that the team recruited me to score points, to try to join the World Tour. I think we can do very well on the Flandrian classics because there is already a good group around Anthony Turgis, Nicki Terpstra, Edwald Boasson Hagen, Adrien Petit and now me and my long-time teammates, Oss and Bodnar.

Jean-René Bernaudeau always has a smile on his face and his team seems like that to me: it's about riding the bike with a smile. He talks about results of course, but above all about pleasure. And that has always been my state of mind, since the beginning of my career.

Of course, I have responsibilities and I accept them. But it's easier in a team that smilesinstead of one that complains."
-Peter Sagan


... new motivation.

Comments