Into the barrier

 


"I felt good and I felt that maybe I could have been close but I had to stop pedaling. For me, he changed the line. I was coming on the left side and I had a clear line. But then he moved me into the barrier and I hit a lot of spectators with my shoulder, so I'm not very happy about it.

It was a technical sprint with all the roundabouts and I was a little bit too far back, we didn't manage to get in front of QuickStep and unfortunately at the end when you're a bit behind, there's always a risk you get blocked. I felt I had a clear line, so I'm a bit disappointed and angry that I couldn't sprint to the finish."

-Alexander Kristoff protested after Jordi Meeus deviated from his line and forced him into the barrier. Meeus was relegated and Kristoff was elevated to second. Stage 3 to Faro will be the next sprint opportunity.



Comments