It's a good sign


 

Nairo Quintana loves Tour de la Provence winning back in 2020. He was the strongest on the Queen stage and took the stage and the overall. 

"I feel a lot of joy to win today. The team was waiting for a victory and worked very well, the result is good for confidence. Today we worked well throughout the stage. We tried to drive as much as possible so that I could attack and the selection was made."

-Nairo Quintana

One to watch is Mattias Skjelmose, only 21 years old, the Dane using patience and craftiness to pounce in the last meters to take second place.

"Being captain of the team was a great feeling. Again, thanks to my teammates because they gave me a lot of confidence and, consequently, strength. To be honest, I didn't expect to be so competitive already at the first race of the year. It's a good sign, it can only make me happy, especially since there's a whole season to race and I can still improve. 

Performances like these give a lot of awareness. For the goals I've shared with the team for 2022 and my personal expectations in the season, it's an important boost of confidence and trust."

-Mattias Skjelmose

Stage 3 Final Results




Comments