Philosophizing and Nairo-ing on Le Tour


"For once, I don't think it was me who went down badly. Quintana who is one of the best descenders in the peloton. He let everyone go and took a big lead. Either way, he was the strongest. From afar, I have fewer regrets than yesterday. 

In March I will have two big goals with Paris-Nice and the Tour of Catalonia then I will rest a bit, and I will prepare for the Tour of Italy which will be the high point of my start of the season. Then the Tour de France which is sacrosanct of all cyclists in July, but there will be a lot of things to do between now and then."

-Guillaume 'The Philospher' Martin (second on stage 3 and third on GC) 


"It is a joy to win the Tour de la Provence and the Tour des Alpes-Maritimes du Var in quick succession. I am in good shape. I was able to work well. The team did a great job. We are very happy. Work pays. I knew the roads well, I was confident." 

-Nairoman Quintana is having a hot February. After winning the Tour de la Provence, he won the Tour des Alpe-Maritimes du Var on the last stage. His next race is the Faun-Ardeche Classic on Saturday, before Paris-Nice and Volta a Ciclista Catalunya. His summer plans are the Tour de France and Vuelta a Espana.




Ruta del Sol Stage 5...




Volta Ao Algarve Stage 5...



Comments