Redemption






Beating the world TT champion is no easy task. Last year, Stefan Bissegger sat on the hot seat at the UAE Tour and watched world champion Filippo Ganna take his first WorldTour victory away from him. Fast forward, today on stage 3, the swift swiss rider wanted redemption. He did it averaging 60 kilometers per hour over the 9 km distance and into the overall lead.

"It's nice in the end that you really win, that you made it, because you know in a time trial, it is always hard to say how good the others are. Somebody could have the best day of his life, so you never know till the end. But I knew when I was at the finish line with my time, I knew I was going really good.

I was looking forward to this time trial for a long time. I had kind of a rough winter as well with my broken scaphoid. It took a long time before this was fixed. But now I am really happy that I made it."
-Stefan Bissegger takes his first win of the season.

"I did a great performance. I had more average power than expected. Hats off to Bissegger! It was a big time."
-Filippo Ganna



Comments