We had to go

 



After eliminating the winner of the previous day, Elia Viviani, among others, in the Col de l'Aire dei Masco, the Cofidis plan worked.

"It wasn't easy, especially since we hadn't done the last 200 meters of the circuit laps. I did it a bit by feeling, I admit it was a bit too far. I didn't think too much, I was afraid of being surprised. When I passed Pierre Latour, we hadn't crossed the 200 meters yet, but I was launched, we had to go. It was a very good finish for me, I just didn't want to be locked in, but it's true, I started a bit far. 

Everything is fine, it's really a pleasure to have these legs, but also this success despite everything, because I don't know if I was as strong last year, but I still had good feelings but no luck. Now 2022 is ahead, it's a great start with two victories already. I have a great Cofidis team, everyone is super involved, I was under a little pressure to finish the job well. I was very focused because I didn't want to miss today to finish the job that was huge."

-Bryan Coquard. After winning a stage in Besseges, he wins in Manosque.

Stage 2 Results





Comments