We wanted to race like this

 

Guillaume Boivin greets Mads Wurtz at the finish of stage 5


"I went with 300 meters to go, as the pack slowed down a little bit. If I wouldn't have tried from there, guys with a bigger punch would have beaten me anyway."
-Guillaume Boivin. Fifth place on stage 5.

"As we said before the stage, it wasn't easy to be in the same time as Almeida, and it turns out he was faster today. I have very little experience in sprints, but finally, I'm still second overall and on the plus, that means they'll have to work tomorrow and we can go on the offensive again."
-Nairo Quintana



Milan-San Remo winner, Matej Mohoric finished in 4th




"The team was impressive. Everyone did what they had to and then we attacked. After we remained passive up to the Paterberg and then we returned to the attack. There were no arguments as to who should win. Today we wanted to race like this and for Christophe there will certainly be other opportunities."
-Wout Van Aert


Comments