Weighing the odds

 

Tiesj Benoot (2018 winner) recons with the Jumbo Visma team


On Saturday, all eyes will be on the Tuscan gravel roads of Strade Bianche. Veteran, Greg Van Avermaet has finished second twice in 2015 and 2017 but he doesn't think of winning.

"My best chances have passed here. In the past there were a lot of classic riders at the start, but in recent years a lot of good climbers have also participated who also perform well in one-day work. That doesn't make it any easier for me. I still remain a rider of 75 to 77 kg. You always have to carry that weight with you on those slopes. But that does not alter the fact that I continue to find it a very nice race. That is why I return every to the Strade Bianche."
-Greg Van Avermaet made the recent Het Nieuwsblad podium and made the top 10 eight times in Strade.


GVA: Weighing the odds






Comments