What more can we ask for?

 


"The guys did such a great job all day riding in a good position and riding on the front, making sure the breakaway was close so it could be a sprint today, and also being in position for the corners before the crosswinds. I liked this stage, I picked this stage out to get the victory and I can't believe I've got it, and maybe later in the week we can have another sprint."

-Kaden Groves gets his first WorldTour win at Volta A Catalunya.

"We've been fighting for this for a long time, and to be part of Kaden's first WorldTour victory is something special. We were close on the last stage of Tirreno, but just fell short, and today we were able to pull it off. I think with me winning yesterday and being able to do a leadout in the leader's jersey and my teammates winning, what more can we ask for?"

-Michael Matthews

"With the bonus six seconds that I got in the first stage, I knew that today I had the chance to do it. I have been very active these first two days. I knew that today was a good opportunity to be the leader."

-Jonas Hvideberg. The 23-year-old Norwegian (DSM) is the new leader.



Update from Bahrain Victorious:

"Following the end of Stage 1 of Volta a Catalunya, our medical team can confirm that Sonny Colbrelli suffered from an unstable cardiac arrhythmia that required defibrillation. The cause is still to be determined, and the Italian rider will undergo further tests tomorrow at the Hospital Universitari de Girona."




Comments