A really positive momentum




"Unfortunately, I didn't have enough legs to follow them. It comes down to details. I probably left too much energy elsewhere during the day. 

We know for sure that there is a 'cat and mouse' game when a victory on a Monument is at stake. This is why we always thought that winning was possible. Given the speed I had when I came back, I really believed for a moment that I could make it, but the legs spoke and they told me to sit down.

There is no victory, but it is an amazing day, one of my most beautiful ones on the bike. I think I'm just beaten by stronger riders. When you make it to the podium, you surely want to come back for victory, and we still need to give Jacky Durand (1992 Tour of Flanders winner) a successor (smiles)".
-Valentin Madouas. Groupama FDJ, 3rd place. 


"I already felt a really positive momentum throughout the whole Classics' campaign, but everyone was even a step higher today. Four years ago, when things were not going well, we said we would come back stronger. Today, I have to say "hats off". I am very happy with the team, and we must now keep going like this."
-Stefan Kung, 5th place.


"A reward for two decades of work."
-Frédéric Guesdon. DS Groupama FDJ









Comments