This is THE day of my life

 

Classy ride: Tom Devriendt takes the lead


Dylan van Baarle crossed the finish line solo at the VĂ©lodrome in Roubaix after an exciting 'Hell of the North', breaking away from a leading group of four at Camphin-en-Pevele. The Dutchman won the fastest edition of Paris-Roubaix!

"I couldn't believe it when I went onto the velodrome. I looked on the other side to see if there were other guys but it was just me. To be second in the Tour of Flanders and to win here in Roubaix... I really have no words for it."

-Dylan van Baarle

"This is THE day of my life. I wanted to stay away from crashes by joining the front group. Never had I expected to finish 4th."

-Tom Devriendt


A magnificent third place for Kung


"We were all at the end of our rope. I looked at the faces and I could tell they were as tired as I was. I then said to myself that I was going to try from afar in the velodrome. I still practiced the track a lot during my first professional years and in my youth. So I came from behind with momentum, and it was also a mental battle. I didn't manage to crack Van Aert but it was enough to finish on the podium. It was the maximum I could do today."
-Stefan Kung


"Maybe I should not have called the spectator a 'kalf', but still he was on the route. Let it be a lesson for everyone that you need to step back if you see the riders coming. I still love all the supporters, you were amazing today!"
-Yves Lampaert


Honorable mention: Bas Tietema waits patiently 
but will be the last man to finish more than an hour after fellow countryman Dylan van Baarle.


Full Results







Comments