Winter with a Belgian twist

 

Friday morning wake up call: Winter on the Quaremont




"Painful moment to see the team pulling out for Tour of Flanders. A hard decision they had to make, but with the current situation in the team, this was the only solution. The first time in my career I have to miss Tour of Flanders. Sunday will be painful to watch on tv, but we have to turn the page and look to what is in front of us.

Brabantse Pijl and Paris-Roubaix are my next races. From now on my focus goes to these races!"

-Sep vanmarcke. Due to Covid and injuries, the Israel Start-Up Nation team will not race the Ronde.


AG2R's wintry recon

"I think it might be slightly better for Sunday, because the Ronde is just a bit better for me. I think the top 10 would be correct. If I can drive that, I would already be satisfied. Maybe I can try for something more, I will do my best for that."

-Greg Van Avermaet


"Flanders is a coffee filter, the highest quality gets through, the rest stays behind. 

I feel like I'm never the strongest, but on cobbled hills, I can always match myself with the strongest riders whereas if the climb is asphalt, my mask falls off. My next race will be Flanders on Sunday. My best quality might also be my greatest weakness. I have a hard time resting with injuries or sickness. Which is, from time to time, a stupid thing to do.

But I have done some of my best results while recovering from injury, and sometimes these miracles do happen..."

-Oliver Naesen.



106th Ronde van Vlaanderen Men's Startlist

Women's Startlist



Comments