I'm really excited for the Tour de France now!

 

1st: Michael Woods (Israel-Premier Tech), 2nd: Carlos Rodriguez (Ineos), 3rd: Jesus Herrada (Cofidis).
Photo: Nicholas Mabyle 


Israel-Premier Tech riders were well-positioned near the front during the strong crosswinds that blew the race apart on the last day of the French stage race. With 70 km to go, Woods was in the select group of riders ahead of the peloton. The front group worked well towards the finishing line and Woods had no problems defending his overall lead and sealing his overall victory in Route d'Occitanie.

Woods is on a roll, in late February he won Stage 2 of the Gran Camino, wearing the leader's jersey for two days finishing second overall. He has three wins in a season... a career-high.

"This is the first stage race I have won in my career. I'm really happy with the result and really pleased with the teamwork. I always felt protected. We had Cole (Kessler) riding at the front at the start of the race and then Guy (Sagiv) and Taj (Jones) did an amazing job putting me in position in the crosswind. Carl (Fredrik Hagen) did great to be in that small group at the end and just help me and be with me for the rest of the race. I'm really happy and I'm really excited for the Tour de France now!"

-Michael Woods

Going to victory on Saturday.
photo: Sirotti 





Comments