In the Alps

 

Verona in the Alps


"I've been a professional for 12 years, but I've always lacked victory. I've never been a winner. I have been close several times - two years third in the Tour, second in La Vuelta last year, and today when I was in the breakaway I said, 'It has to be today.'

-Carlos Verona

Meintjes (8th) climbs to the top 10 


"I felt good on the final climb. Thanks to 8th place I managed to climb in the top ten of the GC. This encourages me to improve my position tomorrow in the eighth and last stage. The most important climbs are concentrated in the final, so the gaps might be bigger. But I suspect the beginning of the race, because if there are many attacks like today this 130-kilometer stage could be tricky."
-Louis Meintjes, Intermarché Wanty Gobert


Johannessen's 5th place gives him the lead in the best young rider classification

"It was difficult all day. The guys did an amazing job taking a few minutes to rest before the last hill, then I just had to drive. This shows that our work is going in the right direction. I'm still missing the last bit to win a stage, but tomorrow there will be another opportunity to do a good stage. We'll drive like we always do and try to win."

Tobias Halland Johannessen. 



Comments