Keeping cool

 


Today's queen stage turned into a sprint to the line for the rouleurs.

"I knew I had a fast finish but I almost thought I'd lost it because I launched my sprint quite late, but it was enough. A lot of thanks to the team car and staff who managed to keep me cool with water and ice the whole day, I think that was really the key. On the last climb I just hung on, I was fighting to stay with Masnada, he almost cracked me, but he also obviously was on the limit."

-Nico Denz

Jakob Fuglsang in yellow. On tomorrow's last day of climbing ahead of stage eight TT, 
Fuglsang will not have it easy with only ten seconds separating the podium riders.

"We were happy to let the breakaway go away and it took a bit of time but we eventually got a good breakaway to go and I think Ineos had the same idea. The time trial will be really decisive so it wouldn't be bad for me to have a few more seconds on Geraint Thomas but for now, I'm happy to have the jersey. One day at a time, things can change very fast. I hope I can finish it off in a good way. My goal was to try and win Tour de Suisse. I have two third places and one second place in GC and I want to try to win it. Now I have the yellow and I will fight until the very end to keep it."

-Jakob Fuglsang




Comments