Woods scores fourfold, Pinot wins

 


Mike Woods is the first Canadian to score victories in La Route d'Occitanie. Fourfold: stage 3 winner, new leader, best climber, and points leader. On the final steep climb on top of Les Angles in the Pyrennes, he attacked Carlos Rodriquez (Ineos) and soloed to victory. Woods is set for the upcoming Tour de France on July 1-24.

"It is great to see the team performing in different races at the moment. Jakob Fuglsang is doing great, I am proud to be the first Canadian to win in this race. We will do everything to keep the jersey and win this race. The team has a good chance."

-Mike Woods





After shaking the injuries of 2021, Thibaut Pinot took a timely victory on stage 7 in the Tour de Suisse. His first WorldTour win since the 2019 Tour de France and a good confidence boost ahead of the La Grande Boucle.

"This is great for me. I wanted that win and went to get it myself. By finishing with the best Friday, I knew I was in good form.
-Thibaut Pinot



Comments