You just go all in, Tour du Suisse

 


"I thought maybe I'd get back to them. I still had legs. I never exploded. It's just that I couldn't go with the first accelerations. Vingegaard was second in the Tour last year, Primoz won the Vuelta a couple of times; he's won pretty much every other stage race, so it just means you are there fighting with the best guys. It's a race, you just go all in. You definitely can't hold anything back. It's everything that we've done as a team. All the preparation and all the confidence that the boys have shown in me has paid off."

-Ben O'Connor. Third overall, first time on the final podium of a UCI WorldTour stage race.








Williams wins stage 1 and takes the first leader's jersey.


"I'm pleased with my level after the Giro. The body responded well to the heat, especially as I come back from the Stelvio where it was snowing!"
-Domenico Pozzovivo, 10th on stage 1



Comments