Chaos, cobbles and Clarke

 


What an exciting classic style stage on the cobbles as Simon Clarke made history for his first Tour de France stage win and the first for Israel-Premier Tech.

"I didn't think I had won. I was behind Taco with only a few meters to go and I just threw the bike as hard as I could at that finish line. I still didn't believe it until I saw the photo finish. What a day. I never expected to win a cobblestone stage. Especially because they only happen every four years or so. I am happy with any stage and just try to make the most of these opportunities. I came here to go in a breakaways and today was the first day the team said " let's go."

I am an optimistic person and I try and always believe that things happen for a reason. This winter was a bit challenging but I found a solution and I promised to never look back and make the most of every opportunity and that's what I did today."

-Simon Clarke

A solid 14th place or Nairo Quintana








Comments