It's the most distinctive Tour jersey

 

The last day in the polka-dot jersey is bittersweet



In a cruel twist of fate, Simon Geschke was unable to make it across to the big breakaway group and lost his hold on the polka-dots for Paris. Stage winner, Vingegaard has an eight-point lead over Geschke with just three points remaining on stages 19 and 21.

"It was not meant to be in the end. Now I'm second, which is not too bad also for a guy like me. The polka-dot jersey is for the best climber in the Tour, and I guess the right guy is wearing it now. I knew I had to get points on the Aubisque and that didn't happen and from there on it was practically impossible to keep the jersey. 

It's not nice, and if I had the choice, I would go to the start in my normal kit tomorrow but, unfortunately, I still have to wear the jersey until Paris. It's a beautiful jersey and I have been wearing it for the last days, but I am now just the guy that is wearing the jersey and not leading the classification. It's not the nicest feeling but that's the Tour.

Oh, it was magnificent for me, it's the most distinctive jersey that I like the most. For me, the last nine days have been a dream."

-Simon Geschke. 



KOMs standings after Stage 18



TotalEnergies looks to Stage 19...




Comments