Staying in contact with the best and Alpe d'Huez

Nairoman staying in contention

 

"I am happy, I have no better words tonight. We have repeated in recent days that we must take the stages one after the other and remain cautious while taking advantage of each opportunity that presents itself.

Today I thought I had to give it a try. I climbed at my own pace and we won a few seconds over our adversaries in the general classification. Tomorrow we still have a big meeting in the high mountains ahead of us.

-Nairo Quintana. Second on stage 11, fifth on GC.

"I preferred to try so as not to have any regrets. I tried to maintain the gap in the valley but when I go to the foot I stumbled, I felt it was going to be complicated. If we don't try anything, we have nothing."

-Warren Baguil.

"What will be important on this Tour is consistency. Staying in contact with the best as often as possible. All our guys are there when needed, where needed, I hope that will continue."

-Marc Madiot. Manager Groupama-FDJ


Wawa, with a tremendous effort, wins the Prix de la Combativité, 5000 Euros (first over the top of the Galibier)
& 30pts in the KoMs classification.






Looking up...

Tomorrow's queen stage: Alpe d'Huez

Comments