A stagiaire's professional win

 


Twenty-year-old, Bastien Tronchon won his first professional race as a stagiaire on stage 3. He has been a member of the AG2R CITROEN U23 TEAM since 2021. Will the young Frenchman be awarded a professional contract soon?

"Words are hard to find. It's an incredible day. I spent the stage at the front with a view to starting the climb of the Picon Blanco as far ahead as possible. I managed my climb without worrying about the others and managed to crest just before the general favorites. The descent was very technical but I was able to hang onto Pavel Sivakov's wheel until the finish. 

I have been progressing little by little over the past few years and I am happy to be this active in my first race as a professional stagiaire. I hope to continue to provide what the team wants from me for the rest of the season."

-Bastien Tronchon



Comments