Keep it going

 

On form: Hugo Houle finished fifth on the final stage and placed second overall.

"I'm really happy with the way I raced here all week, and the way we raced as a team as well. Leknessund deserved to win today, he was really, really strong. We tried really hard to bring him back on the final circuit and I thought maybe we could after he had done such a big effort. For myself, on the second climb, we were going quite fast and I saw an opportunity to attack and I managed to get away with six other guys. I knew it was good for me as we still had Carl and Krists behind to play their cards. I did my best on the last lap. I did my best on the last lap. Alpecin attacked me on the last climb and if we had stayed together, we could have gone for the win. 

There's still some days and some weeks, so now I'll rest a little bit and try to carry that shape for as long as I can. That will be the challenge now to keep it going. I've been good in Suisse, I've been good in the Tour (first stage win), I've been good here, but I'm human so it's hard to carry that form. I will train hard and do what I have to do. I cannot promise that I will go as good as in the Tour, but we will see."

-Hugo Houle. His next race is the GP Deutschland Tour (Aug. 24-25) and the long-overdue homecoming at the GP Québec (Sept. 9) and Montréal (Sept. 11).

"Hugo did a beautiful race and it's nice to see him having his best season ever by far. Carl Fredrik Hagen (9th overall) and Krists Neilands (12th overall) did everything they could behind and we're able to finish in a good position on the GC as well."

-Nicki Sorensen DS.






"We made it, and it's thanks to the team that we brought it home. I don't know where they get their energy from, they were so strong. It made me so motivated and so happy, it feels so goddam good, I over the moon."
-Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig



Canada's Alison Jackson, winner of the points classification.



Comments