Philosopher King & Arctic Race of Norway



Pedrero powers on to a fine win


A huge sigh of relief for the philosophy graduate, Guillaume Martin as he hung on to win the overall title at the Tour de l'Ain on stage 3 as Antonino Pedrero soloed stage victory on a thrilling final day.

"It was a mathematical equation. It was very hard physically but also very hard tactically, with lots of gaps to different riders to think about, and then the bonus seconds to factor in. It was about not panicking and staying calm."

-Guillaume Martin 

"I didn't expect this. The intention was to get in the break, but to end like this... I couldn't have imagined it. I wasn't thinking about the GC. I knew what the differences were and in my case it was complicated. This victory alone is a great joy within itself."

-Antonio Pedrero. Stage 3 winner.

Final podium: 1st Guillaume Martin, 2nd Mattias Skejelmose, 3rd Rudy Molard





Cold and wet conditions from the south of the Arctic circle


"Yesterday we went for a recon of the final and after that, in bed before sleeping, I was just thinking about today. When I have this feeling of the final, I always do a good race."
-Alex Zingle






Comments