La Vuelta a Espana: Solid cards to play

 


Israel-Premier Tech has a versatile team to take on La Vuelta a Espana that gets underway tomorrow. A 23-kilometer team time trial in Ultrecht, the first three stages in The Netherlands before going to Spanish roads from stage four onwards. Plans for both the General Classification and stage wins are in play.

"I'm feeling confident and optimistic for the Vuelta. I think of all the Grand Tours, it is the one that suits me the best. I am really  excited to do another GC run, especially at a race I have had success at in the past, finishing seventh in 2017 and also winning two stages. I'm looking forward to getting back into the Basque Country and also kicking it off with a really cool team time trial."

-Mike Woods

"I'm going for the sprints at the Vuelta. Looking at the roster, I don't have a full lead-out train but I have a few good guys who can help me, and also by myself I can make a good sprint. So hopefully, I can win a stage as I think it's possible when everything comes together."

-Itamar Einhorn

"We have Mike Woods as our team leader for the GC. Mike has finished in the top ten overall in the past and this is the goal again this year. Chris Froome is improving day by day and is really coming into form, so he will have a free card for the race. 

Patrick Bevin, Alessandro De Marchi, Itamar Einhorn, Omer Goldstein, Carl Fredrik Hagen and Daryl Impey complete the team and when it comes to going for stage wins, all six riders have a solid card to play. We have a good team, starting with the team time trial on Friday where I think we can us our strong time trialists to get a good result."

-Oscar Guerrero. Director Sportif


Comments