Up and away in Asturias

 

Jay Vine in the lead on the Collau Fancuaya
via Charly Lopezph

Jay Vine took a second stage win soloing on the Collau Fancuaya finishing climb. He also took the provisional lead in the KoMs classification. He has a 26-point lead on second-placed Marc Soler and his objective is the blue polka-dots jersey.

"The mountain jersey is an objective, although at the moment, I'm not thinking about Madrid, I'm thinking about stage 9 and playing it by ear. Today I was trying to balance getting points in the KOM competition with keeping enough strength for the stage. I was able to mop up those points efficiently.

I wanted to go for the stage, but I always have the mountains to fall back on as well. So I had a lot more confidence in myself and I really enjoyed it."
-Jay Vine

"I'm here to get the green jersey now and to take a stage win. I'm pretty sure the goals are achievable for me. If I can get a stage win it will bring a lot of points for me and secure the jersey. I'm just aiming for that now."
-Mads Pedersen has the lead of five points over Sam Bennett in the points classification.



Comments