Vine in the fog and Ayuso rising

Juan Ayuso climbs to fourth overall.

"It was a really hard day, especially with the rain and cold. I knew the Puerto de Brenes from when I raced as a junior, and on Pico Jano, I went at my own rhythm. I was stuck a bit in no man's land on the climb, and when I came up to the favorites, I felt good and I attacked. Almeida is the team leader. I am going to try to stay close and hope to have the option to play two cards for the good of the team."
-19-year-old Juan Ayuso


 

From Zwift to Grand Tour stage winner

"I missed the break, I had a flat tyre in the first 5km. It's unreal to be able to do it from the GC group in the last 10km. I knew that Padun was still up the road and if I was gonna close down the gap I had to go from long. It was good that I had 13 minutes on GC. I was able to manage my effort and pace the climb pretty handily, I thought about my wife who's basically done everything for me in the last 3 or 4 years to get me to this point."

-Jay Vine

" My team told me with 1km to go that I would keep the jersey. I didn't expect that. I have it one more day and tomorrow..."

-Victor Langellotti (Burgos-BH)





Comments