Atop Sierra Nevada, Strong performance in Britain


 

"It's unbelievable to win here on the queen stage atop Sierra Nevada. We wanted to be in if it was a bigger group as it was a good day to be in the break. I just went all in. To then gain time on the GC guys behind is amazing. I'm just really happy with the victory."

-Thymen Arensman. The First Grand Tour stage win for the man to be touted as the next Tom Dumoulin.




New Zealander, Corbin Strong scores his first professional victory on stage 1...

"From the gun, I knew that I had a chance. I felt good and ready to contest the stage victory. Woods and Teuns helped me a lot in the final, and afterward, I followed the team Ineos train. I felt I had a powerful sprint left in me and decided to launch just before the road flattened out. 

With riders like Teuns and Woods in the same squad, I did not expect this kind of belief. I did feel amazing during the last period of time and I knew I had it in me. To round it off like this, taking the stage win and all the jerseys, is fantastic for the whole team. We've got the right riders to win the Tour of Britain this year."
-Corbin Strong
 

... and the new leader.



Comments