Wallonie, Toscana

 


The final winding, cobbled 2km run-in up to the Citadel de Namur was dominated by Intermarche-Wanty-Gobert with Biniam Girmay. But Girmay had to settle for second behind winner Mathieu van der Poel.

"The team was amazing from start to finish. I always want to win, but I'm happy with second place because Mathieu was the strongest today. I'm ready for the World Championships!"

-Biniam Girmay

GP de Wallonie Results



"It was a beautiful race and the perfect way to comeback to racing. In the climb, I suffered a lot and couldn't follow Martinez but we knew that in the last 20km we could work together and claw him back so we did that. I had good legs for the sprint and knew I could be the fastest so to cross the line first was a huge satisfaction."
-Marc Hirschi




Comments