Dublin World Cup


Mud and freezing conditions made for a difficult race in Dublin and Wout Van Aert fought hard for victory despite mechanicals and a mechanic's towel jamming into his gears.

"This is pure cyclocross. It's been a pleasure to meet Irish fans and it was a really exciting course that changed throughout the day. It was a re

Two legends: Sean Kelly, Wout Van Aert

ally hard race for me, especially mentally. I had to fight my way into the race because I was missing a little bit at the start and too far off in my positioning. When I felt better I had a mechanical and so it was a long race. In the end it was so tough that I could still make the difference."

-Wout van Aert

“I did my best and it was a good performance today. I didn't feel my best (due to some stomach problems) but I gave everything I had and it was enough to win."

-  Fem Van Empel

Next: Val di Sole, Italy 🇮🇹 Dec. 18







Comments