Le Samyn: Walloon Classic





Le Samyn, the opener of the Walloon Classics took off in the last 60 kilometres. Lotto Dstny tried to make it a hard race and succeeded on the cobbles around Dour. Neo-pro Jarne Van de Paar and Victor Campenaerts was in the breakaway, going into the final ten kilometres was caught in by the reduced bunch. Milan Menten took over from his Lotto Dstny teammates and the 26-year-old sprinted to victory.

"With Victor Campenaerts and Jarne Van de Paar in the front group, we were in a perfect position. I could save my forces and when the front group was caught, I took my chance. I'm at my vest after a hard race and an uphill drag to the line like this, suits me really well. We are a team that's still growing and I am convinced that we can still show some beautiful things. I'm really happy with this first victory in Lotto Dstny shirt."

-Milan Menten

Men’s results

Women’s results





Comments