Paris-Nice: A new TTT twist, Tirreno and Pozzovivo returns

 


Paris-Nice organizers shook up the format for the TTT. For Paris-Nice's first team trial in 30 years, the time of the first rider to cross the line would count, instead of the fourth, as team time trails are traditionally run.

“Obviously, I am very happy. It’s always a bit frustrating, when you are so close to winning, but don’t get it, especially in a TTT. We still get something out of it with this jersey, but really it is the whole team who did the job. I am just one piece of the whole puzzle here. We all rode well. Otherwise, you can’t do a good team trial like we did.”
-Magnus Cort









"For sure, the Giro d'ltalia is one of the main goals of the season and for me, to be in the top-ten is the goal. I think it is a very important result, also considering my age, and also what has happened in my career in terms of accidents and recovering. But, the Giro is not the only goal for the season. I think I can be present in the GC in some of the important one-week races during the season and also, be in good condition for the last classics in Italy, especially Il Lombardia which is a race that suits me a lot.
I want to thank IPT for believing in my, and especially Valentino Sciott from Fantini who pushed me to joined the team and convinced the management of my qualities."

-Domenico Pozzovivo. The 40-year old climber joins Israel Premier Tech.


Comments