Tirreno: I just want to enjoy the moment

 

Climbing to the first mountain-top finish of Tirreno-Adriatico.

"To be honest I didn't think about the jersey because I underestimated the stage. When we went the first time over the climb, I knew there is a chance, but I also had to work really hard today. In the last corner the guy in front of me opened a little gap and I wasn't able anymore to close that. I was really on the limit but I made it. I am super happy because this is my first leader jersey at a stage race. The climb tomorrow should suit me better than the explosive finale today, but for now I just want to enjoy the moment."

-Lennard Kamna (Bora Hansgrohe). He takes over the race leaders jersey at Tirreno-Adriatico. 








Look Back: Laurent Fignon winner of the 4th stage Tirreno-Adriatico 1983 at Aquaviva Picena.



Comments