Until the end

 

The traditional opener of the Italian calendar, the 60th edition of the Trofeo Laigueglia is the 201km semi-classic over the hills of the Italian Riviera. Nans Peters (AG2R Citronen) slashed through the rain-soaked roads to a solo win.

"What a pleasure to win! I'm a rider who doesn't lift his arms much and it's always with style that I manage to do it like today after 30 kilometers alone. I had a really good feeling. In the final part of the race, I kept saying to myself 'until the end". This victory is really good for my morale.

The day was really tough with the rain. We found ourselves outnumbered in the final with Benoit (Cosnefroy) and Andrea (Vendrame). I wanted to anticipate to play the team race and it worked for me. It's  a great collective success. I've had two complicated seasons, so it's a relief to get back to winning. I had to show resilience. I never gave up. This winter, I wanted to renew myself. I changed coaches and started back earlier. I'm heading off for the Strade Bianche (March 4) and Tirreno-Adriatico (March 6-12). I like it when the races follow each other, so we'll have to build on the good momentum."

-Nans Peters.

Trofeo Laigueglia results



Comments