Volta a Catalunya: High Ambitions

 


Israel Premier Tech will field an ambitious team for Volta a Catalunya. The Spanish WorldTour stage race consists of seven undulating stages, including three uphill finishes. IPT leader is Michael Woods and after a strong finish in Tirreno-Adriatico, the Canadian climber is now ready for the hard finishes in Volta a Catalunya.

"I'm really excited to take on this year's Volta a Catalunya. I've recovered well after Tirreno and I'm feeling good for this upcoming week. The nature of the race is quite challenging and hopefully, I can benefit from how hard it is and ideally have a good run at the GC. We've got some stiff competition here so I'm not going to set the bar crazy high for myself but I want to have a good race, be competitive and use this as the final preparation for the Ardennes."

-Mike Woods

"For many of our riders, Volta a Catalunya is a 'home' race and we have a well-rounded group here that creates some good opportunities to perform well in the GC and to focus on some key stages that suit a number of our guys' abilities very well. With the strength of the group we have here, we are confident in achieving a good result on the GC as well as some solid stage results."

-Sam Bewley DS IPT





Comments