Gaia Realini: high hopes, Tour of the Alps Stage 3

 

Grande Gaia Realini!

"My tactic was to wait for the last climb to the Mur de Huy and play my chances there. Thanks to the advice of Elisa (Longo Borgnine) I approached the Mur de Huy with my pace. In the past few days we looked together at the arrivals of past years and I immediately understood that I should not take it head-on right away. It was thanks to this advice that I kept a small gap and then, in the last 100 meters, accelerated and passed Mavi Garcia. Yesterday in the team meeting, I was named as the leader. I was skeptical, because I know I'm young and inexperienced, but all my teammates were telling me that I had shown my potential, that I could demonstrate it and that they would race for me. In short, an incredible boost. I believed until the end in this result and I am so happy to have repaid the trust.

I face every challenge trying to live in the present. Day by day, step by step. Thinking too much about what will be, where I can get to, I don't find it useful. I want to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground. I am on a team that wants to protect me and cares about my growth. The future is all to be written and there is no rush."
-Gaia Realini. 3rd place


A gutsy fourth for Woods

"I was really pleased with today. I gave it my all, and I had an exceptional lead out from Simon, and just really great teamwork all day. All the guys were great, so I can't complain. Obviously it's nicer to finis higher up the results sheet, but fourth is still great for me. Especially after the tough season I had last year, this is the best result I've had since 2021. I'm just really pleased to be moving in the right direction, and to be back at the front of the race, and especially as I was at the front of the race, and I went for it, so I’m proud of that.”
-Mike Woods. 4th place










Comments