Giro d’talia: That was for the boys

 


"We rode all day today and my teammates were fully committed for me to win the stage. I heard that Pedersen was dropped on the climb so I was hoping that he would be a little bit pinned for the sprint. I knew I just needed to go a little bit early and get the jump on them and yeah, it worked out.

It's been a rollercoaster for me, so I just came here to this Giro to have fun, enjoy riding my bike and enjoy being with my teammates and today it was such a team effort that win. That was for the boys."
-Michael Matthews finishes off flawless Team Jayco performance with a stunning victory on Stage 3, his third stage win in the Corsa Rosa



Thibaut Pinot: Best climber - a good fit.



"Hopefully give the team a bit of a boost and restart for the first week. We didn't have a particularly good start to the Giro, so it's cool to be able to do this and lead a classification in the Giro for the first time in my career. 

The maillot rose is a mythical one and on a level of its own, but this is still a very nice maillot to have to wear."

-Thibaut Pinot




Comments