Sebastian Berwick: We are fighting for that win

Seb Berwick: Hunting for that elusive win
 

Israel-Premier Tech's Sebastian Berwick took the team's third podium place as the Australian finished third on stage 12. It was at the top of the final climb, two riders were able to follow the fast Australian. Teammate, Marco Frigo was in the chase group and it was clear that the leading trio would fight for victory. In the end, Berwick finished third and Frigo took fifth place after an impressive day by the two IPT riders. 

"The last climb was my last opportunity I guess but in the end, they were strong enough to stay with me. I didn't have much in the sprint obviously. 58kg vs 75kg, it's a bit hard to win but I kept fighting, it's a Giro stage and I was in the hunt for the win so you never know what happens. We will go again tomorrow! Two seconds and a third place now. We are fighting for that win and we hope it comes soon."

-Sebastian Berwick

Marco Frigo


"I'm really happy with this result in my first Giro and also with how my legs felt today. Let's see what we can do in the next stages. I think there is more to come!'

-Marco Frigo





Comments