Derek Gee, Dauphiné: Stage 3

 


Derek Gee, the Canadian breakaway rider and fan favorite of the Giro d'ltalia has signed a long-term contract until 2028.

"We knew Derek had a big engine when we took a chance on him, and signed him to our U23 Continental program a couple of years ago. But, at this year's Giro, Derek proved that he has race smarts, and the ability to perform with the best riders in the pro peloton. It was a real coming out party for Derek, along with the young teammates who accompanied him on our Giro squad. With Derek, we are JUST. GETTING. STARTED. We expect big things from this talented rider in the near future."

-Sylvain Adams. IPT owner.

"The relationship I have with the riders, staff and management, and the direction I can see the team going from a performance standpoint, is something I'm incredibly keen to be a part of for the long term. For now the biggest thing on my mind after the Giro is just getting a win. So many second places made me extremely hungry to get that first win and hopefully one day get a stage win in a Grand Tour. I'd like to continue to develop without necessarily picking something to specialize in, and just see which direction racing takes me in as a rider. There's time to do that, and I can't wait for the next 5 years with IPT!"

-Derek Gee







Comments