IPT’s Tour de France: The Canadian Edition




Israel-Premier Tech will have a versatile line-up at this year's Tour de France, seeking stage wins after last year's stellar two stage victories. The Canadian connection will be a strong one with Michael Woods, Hugo Houle and Guillaume Boivin. Dylan Teuns and Woods will be the leaders in the mountains, while last year's stage winners Simon Clarke and Houle alongside Nick Schultz and Krists Neilands will be a threat on the undulating stages. Corbin Strong will make his Grand Tour debut and will go for the sprint finishes. 

"I would like to see the team race with the same attitude and eagerness as we did in the Giro d'ltalia this year. If we can continue like this, racing opportunistically, I believe we will have a great race."
-Rik Verbrugghe. Sports Manager

"Our eight riders, including three Canadians, are a cohesive group, that have been training and racing together, most recently at La Route d'Occitanie, where Mike Woods took the GC victory. I think our talented IPT squad will surprise some viewers this year."
-Sylvan Adams. IPT partner

"The course suits me quite well, especially the opening stages in the Basque Country. This is an area I've had a lot of success in with my two Vuelta a Espana stage wins both taking place there. My ambition is to win a stage and inspired by my Ottawa teammate, Derek Gee, I want to race a really aggressive race, trying to be as active as possible. The victory in La Route d'Occitanie gave me a lot of confidence. I'm really motivated and ready to race!"
-Mike Woods

IPT lineup: Guillaume Boivin (CAN), Simon Clarke (AUS), Hugo Houle (CAN), Krists Neilands (LAT), Nick Schultz (AUS), Corbin Strong (NZL), Dylan Teuns (BEL), Micheal Woods (CAN).

Look back: Steve Bauer wins stage 1, Pontchateau-Machecoul 1988 Tour de France.


Comments