Merci le Tour

 

Ciccone's stunning KOMs ride.

Made in Italy for an Italian champion.



Jordi Meeus's stunning Champs-Élysées finish.

"I felt quite good all day. Marco Haller did a perfect job with positioning and he was also there. I had the wheel of Pedersen and I could come out of the slipstream and catch it on the line. It's my first Tour and it was a super nice experience so far. To take the win today is just an indescribable feeling."
-Jordi Meeus


“The bar was set quite high last year, as we won two stages. This year, while we took only one stage on Mike Wood’s heroic climb up the Puy de Dome, we were very close to securing another victory on several occasions. The entire cycling world appreciated our aggressive racing style, which followed our strong showing at this year’s Giro d’ltalia, where Derek Gee earned the title of ‘most combative rider’. At the Tour, Krists Neiland’s attacking style was equally merit-worthy. We are a young team that is having success and being noticed at cycling’s biggest and hardest race. I promise that we will be even better at next year’s Tour de France.”
-Sylvain Adams. Owner IPT

"The team effort was inevitably exceptional. Also, to arrive in Paris with eight riders is just fantastic. Everybody can be proud of their performance in this Tour."
-Steve Bauer. DS

"I'm really proud of this victory, it is a career-defining moment for me. This was my 10th Grand Tour and it has been one of the best Grand Tours I have done with a team. We were certainly one of the most aggressive teams and were it not for a bit of bad luck I think we could have had another win."
-Michael Woods





Saturday July 22, in his beloved Vosges Massif. Thibaut Pinot did not taste victory. However, he put on a show and endeared himself to his fans. 

"It wasn't necessarily planned, but if I wanted to win, I had to attack early. It was packed during the whole stage. I saw some known faces, but there were so many people so I couldn't see everyone. But they were all there, and I was lucky to be in the lead. This was maybe the last time I could experience this. I don't know if many riders have already experienced what I experienced, but I struggled to realize that all of this was for me. I just wanted to say thank you and give a little emotion in return.

I just lacked a bit of legs to hang on to the best, but I have no regrets and that wasn't the most important thing today for me. I enjoyed this day, and it was wonderful. Today, it was about something bigger than the result. What I experienced was more than a victory.

I'm going to enjoy it, especially in this place that is so dear to me. I have a lump in my throat because it's crazy to be there... These are my trading roads, this is my favorite place. Finishing here is just incredible... I still close a chapter of my book tonight, and it's more touching than I imagined. I wanted to experience these last emotions, and I did experience them today. They will remain etched forever."
-Thibaut Pinot

"Eventually, the record list is just lines on a piece of paper. He does not have dozens of lines, but he will leave us something else."
-Marc Madiot









"It's finally over, I'm very happy. After this Tour de France, I understand that it's better for me to leave (laughs)."
-Peter Sagan

Look back: Sean Kelly, Champs-Élysées 1992 Tour de France.








Comments