Ooh la la avec panache! Giro Donne stage 3 & Val di Sole

The good: Victor-y Lafay!

Twenty-seven-year-old from Lyon, Victor Lafay took his Cofidis team's first Tour success in 15 years, after breaking away from the favourites in the final kilometre of the stage from Vitoria-Gasteiz to San Sebastián. He is now placed fourth overall, holds the points classification jersey and put a wrench to the best-laid plans of Wout van Aert and the Jumbo Visma team.

"I just went out there and did everything I could. Yesterday I was a bit frustrated, but today, to be there at the end, that's amazing. I knew there would be attacks towards the end and I thought I could do something. I just said to myself: 'Go for it."
-Victor Lafay




"There was a lot of stress in the bunch, wet roads and a lot of road furniture. We set up Tadej for the bonus seconds and in the final, I think we did a good job. Every day is super-hard, super-technical, it's not just easy to go to the finish and keep yellow. We'll see what happens."
-Adam Yates


Powering to a second day in polka dots.


The bad...

Tacks thrown in the road near the foot of the Jaizkibel climb resulted in a number of sudden punctures on stage 2, with 15 and 20 riders affected... 

"Thank you for this kind of human bullshit... I don't think I was the only one to suffer a puncture in the final. You should know what we can fall and get really hurt with your bullshit, you morons!"
-Lilian Calmejane
 










Comments