Tour de France Femmes Stage 2

 

In the win column


 When Annemiek van Vleuten retires at the end of this season, Movistar has another star, Liane Lippert in waiting.

"I have been waiting really, really long to actually win a stage or just a race. I won a National Championships but just to win a race like this means so much to me. I hope that now it explodes and that I can actually keep on winning, or at least be in the mix for the wins."

-Liane Lippert

"This is her biggest victory so far. A breakthrough win for her, now maybe she will believe more in herself about finishes she can do, also after a hard race. When you start winning, you don't stop. This is very good for our confidence."

-Annemiek Van Vleuten






Look back: What the riders eat in 1 day. 1983 Tour de France, Robert Alban.

Comments