Lenny Martinez in Red

The moment Lenny Martinez earned the...

"I had in my mind at the start of the race that it would be amazing to take the jersey and it happened today. Thanks to my team, they rode very strong for me in the breakaway and I'm very happy. We changed plans because we had a big lead at the bottom of the final climb. It was thanks to Rudy (Molard) and Michael (Storer) who rode really hard all day to make up time in the general standings and then battle for the stage win and the jersey. They sacrificed their options and I want to thank them. I'm very happy to have this jersey and it's a team race. I still can't understand what's happening to me. It's a great race. I've been thinking about my Spanish family too."
-Lenny Martinez. He may just be France's next hero.

 



... red leaders jersey. Lenny Martinez (20-years-old) is the youngest rider to wear the leader's jersey.

The famous Martinez family...

Dad: Miguel Martinez, Gold Mens XC Mtn Biking 2000 Sydney Olympics

Granddad: Mariano Martinez KOMs 1978 Tour de France

Uncle: Yannick Martinez 2014 Paris-Roubaix

Comments