A nervous day on the Angliru, GP Wallonie & Giro Della Toscana

 



"One day closer. Halfway up the climb, Jonas told me, Sepp, you're going to win and I said - we'll see."
-Sepp Kuss

"It was a hard day but it was good. We managed to put Chris (Hamilton) and Romain (Combaud) in the break but unfortunately wasn't meant to be a breakaway day. Then after that I think it was good I was with Max (Poole) going into Angliru. I tried to give it a go at start of the steep part but once I could see that I couldn't make a decisive move, then I tried to ride as conservatively as possible to hopefully be at the front tomorrow."

-Romain Bardet. Team DSM Fermenich 

"I think it's unfair. The way Kuss has been loyal to those two riders over many years. Winning many big races for them. They didn't show anything. Kuss was on the radio, 'I can't follow this pace it's too strong.' There was no danger on the GC. They could've just knocked it off it made no difference to the race. And keep Kuss with them to the finish. I feel it was unfair."

-Sean Kelly on the Jumbo Visma tactics. 

"I didn't want to do it, I had to take the bonus seconds."

-Sepp Kuss came directly to Mikel Landa to apologize for sprinting him to the line. Landa said it says a lot  about him and he appreciates his words. 








Comments