Bardet: No Regrets


Romain Bardet went clear alongside Remco Evenepoel and with 90 kilometers to go it was clear that the duo would fight it out for the stage win. Riding to his limits Bardet tried as hard as he could but as Evenepoel forced the pace at three kilometers to go he had to let go of the wheel. The Frenchman rode to a respectable second place at Lara-Belagua.

"It was a really full-gas day. The team did really well to get me into the break and then supported me all day. Remco made and attack over the first climb and I just followed. We wanted to work together and try to really enjoy the day in the front. I had a few hard days so it was nice to have good legs today and fight with him. I'm not disappointed at all, I did what I could and have no regrets. Remco was just stronger today. He did a lot of the work during the stage and then I just couldn't follow on the final climb. Today gives confidence for the chances next week."

-Romain Bardet

Avg Speed: 36,951/h, Distance: 156.2km, Vertical meters: 4623 Meters






Look back: Mariano Lagarreta, Pascal Poisson, Bernard Hinault. La Vuelta 1983.

Comments