Geoffrey Soupe: By a whisker



Geoffrey Soupe is a rider who is always at the service of others but today was his day. The 35-year-old Frenchman wins his first Grand Tour stage and a rare fine win for TotalEnergie!




"To win a sprint in a Grand Tour is always special and also a surprise. I've always wanted to taste victory in a Grand Tour. It's an unbelievable, indescribable moment for me. I saw that I could launch my sprint from a ways to go after the last corner and I was surprised when nobody from behind me came past. It's beautiful for me and the team because normally I didn't have the Vuelta this year but Alexis Vuillermoz crashed in the Tour de l'Ain and the team decided to take me to the Vuelta. I didn't think it was possible to win a stage because it's really fast in the sprints. Today it was really nervous in the final, we had a lot of roundabouts and a lot of wind in the final."
-Geoffrey Soupe


Comments