GP Cycliste de Québec: Le Taureau

 

The Bull coming through.


Arnaud De Lie, the 21-year-old Belgian nicknamed, 'Le Taureau', bulled his way by winning the GP Cycliste Québec. He was the strongest on the 4% uphill final drag to the line. It's his first WorldTour victory and his 8th victory of his impressive season. And, it's good that Lotto-Dstny has signed him until the end of 2026.

"I tried to save as much energy until the final sprint, that was crucial today. As this is my first time racing GP Québec, I've watched the past editions many times and it learned me a lot. We rode the perfect race with the team, but I was a bit far towards the final sprint. Luckily I still had two teammates left who brought me up. I had to launch early and had some work to do but I could take a good speed and held it to the line. To beat riders such as Corbin Strong and Micheal Matthews' on finishes like this is not easy. I'm over the moon with this first victory on WorldTour level. As a little boy, I watched the race on television and to win here on my debut and already adding this victory to my palmares is fantastic."
-Arnaud De Lie

“I think a long sprint is really well suited to me so I went early and with this finish today, I didn’t want to cross the line with any regrets. I thought I’m not going to sit here and wait to be lucky and I needed to go if I want to win this. I started to believe when I saw the finish line approaching but Arnaud was too fast. I’m gutted to be second but also happy with the result.”
-Corbin Strong

Race results


Comments