Herrada, Kooig again & Woods is hungry

 

Victorious in La Laguna Negra

"It's always hard to know when it can be your day but you have to try, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I knew it was a good finish for me but it was complicated to even get in the breakaway. But I had good legs so I could be up there. It was hard to attack with the riders in the move and with Thomas there but I knew the finish suited me. I waited for the sprint and won it."

-Jesus Herrada. He has 3 stage Vuelta Espana victories (2019, 2022, 2023)






Having won a stage at the Tour de France and the Vuelta a Espana (twice), Michael Woods says it would be "really cool" to get an individual win at all three Grand Tours - something no Canadian has done. 
Winning on home soil is another l of his. The GP du Québec and Montréal are set for Sept. 8 and 10. He will line up at the one-day races for the first time since 2019, when he finished eighth in Montréal and 17th in Québec City. 
He gives himself a better chance of winning in Montréal because the course in and around Mount Royal better suits his style as a climber. 

"The next thing is winning a stage at the Giro. But it's always important to me to do well in Montreal and Quebec City. I started my career there, it's because of these races that I was able to rise to this level. So why not something like Montreal too?"
-Mike Woods



Comments