La Vuelta Stage 20: Wout wins, Sepp wins overall

 



"I think I'm like a bottle of wine, every year I get older I get better! That's pretty amazing especially in a really hard stage and it's amazing to beat a rider like Evenepoel in a break. I knew there was a corner coming up with 350 meters so I thought if I entered that one first and went flat out to the finish, I have a pretty good sprinter as a climber."
-Wout Poels

"I had a bit of an imposter's syndrome. I never went into this season or this race ever thinking about or wanting any leadership. I was perfectly content in my role. As we know, halfway through this race, things changed a lot for me. I never expected to be in this situation, and I am not a winner in the sense that I have to win no matter what. The majority of champions have a bit of  'sangre fria' to win, and I am not like that. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and say what needs to be said."
-Sepp Kuss confirms his first Grand Tour win.





Comments