CX - Waterloo

 


Thibau Nys (20-year-old son of the cyclocross legend Sven Nys) took his first elite Cyclocross World Cup victory on a demanding course in Waterloo, Wisconsin (Sunday).

“It’s unbelievable and something I will never forget. I made a big step this summer, and already was so proud to show it last week, but didn’t expect to be here like this. I knew I was in good shape, but riding so dominant is incredible.”

-Thibau Nys

“Tears flowed on both sides. It was a fantastic moment that I will never forget. We are going to have him ride a balanced program. In principle he will never ride more than one race per weekend. He’s also going to lose often. What I especially don’t want to see it people now comparing him to Wout van Aert or Mathieu van der Poel. Let him first try to make life difficult for the men who are now at the start. And what will happen, will happen.”

-Sven Nys








Comments